How to Apply:
Download and complete the 2018 field camp application: Application
Send your completed application to Aaron Wood to secure a place in our enrollment. Once you have been accepted for GEOL 302, the next step in the enrollment process involves:
1) completing a Code of Conduct form and
2) submitting a non-refundable $100 deposit. The deposit will go towards your camp fees. Please make the check out to “Iowa State University.”
Please mail the Code of Conduct and deposit to the following address:
Department of Geological and Atmospheric Sciences
253 Science Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011
Once your Code of Conduct and deposit are received, you can then apply to ISU as a non-degree student by following the step-by-step directions below.
Registration: ISU Students
ISU students should register through AccessPlus.
Registration: Non-ISU/Non-UNL Students
Non-ISU/non-UNL students are required to apply online to Iowa State University through the Distance Education program. Step-by-step instructions are provided below. The entire process should take ~30 minutes or less to complete. You may consider printing out these instructions and having them beside you while completing your application.
Before beginning the online registration please contact Aaron Wood (email@example.com) to confirm that you will be attending Field Camp and have permission to register.
What you will need:
- internet connection
- your contact information
- your social security number
- credit card
How to Apply:
1. Go to the Nondegree Applicants page
2. At the bottom of the page, click the link for the “Online Application” under the “US Nondegree” category. This will take you to a login page.
3. If this is your first time accessing the application, click “Get Started” under the “New User” category. Fill in the required information and click “create account” at the bottom of the page. You will automatically be logged in and directed to the application page.
4. Create an Application for Admission by selecting the correct information. In most cases, the correct selections will be: U.S. –> Nondegree Undergraduate –> Summer 2018.
Click “Start New Application” and you will be directed to the online application form.
Online Application Form:
Step 1: Fill in the required fields. Click “save and continue” at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Fill in the required course information.
6-week course (May 19-June 29): Summer –> 2018 –> GEOL –> 302 –> XW –> 6* credits.
4-week course (July 7-August 4): Summer –> 2018 –> GEOL –> 302 –> XV –> 6* credits.
Click “Save and Continue” at the bottom of the page.
*If the option for 6 credits is not available in the dropdown menu, select “5-credits” for now, this will be corrected later on by the system.
Step 3: Continue the application by filling in the required fields. For question 10, you may select “Liberal Arts and Sciences” from the dropdown box.
Step 4: Continue the application by filling in the required fields. Click “Finalize and Pay” at the bottom of the page to proceed to the confirmation page.
Note: You can save and exit the application if you wish to complete the process at a later date. Simply return to the admissions login page and login to access your application.
5. Review your application and ensure all your information is correct by either 1) clicking the “Cancel” button to return to the first page of the application OR 2) clicking “View Activity” on the left panel and then “View” under the Actions category to generate a pdf of your application in full.
6. When you are ready to submit your application, return to the last page of the application and click “Continue to Payment Page.”
7. Complete and Submit your payment information. The $40 fee is associated with the application to enroll in Distance Education and is not included with the cost of Field Camp. This completes your online registration as a student with Iowa State University.